NFL Opportunities for Continuing Education
- Attend convention and meetings if possible when held in proximity to a club. Often this falls at a time when it would be difficult for everyone to travel, but some people may be able to attend if it is regional for them.
- District meetings- Attend district meetings as possible. You can also host a district meeting. While the size of some regions make it difficult to have a meeting where all can attend, you can also host meetings when possible. It is also possible to set up a meeting of schools and teams in your area and host a meeting.
Approved Governing Body Meetings
- NFL Meetings- Certified members will receive CEU’s for attending the NFL meetings. CEU’s will also be awarded for vendor shows as part of the convention.
- Not everyone from a club will be able to attend every meeting. It is suggested that head equipment managers try to rotate staff so that the 3rdand 4th assistants are able to have educational opportunities at this level.
- Health & Safety meetings by NFL headquarters- A summary of the meeting or a meeting agenda should be submitted with the AEMA report form.
- Other Meetings sponsored by NFL headquarters- A summary of the meeting or a meeting agenda should be submitted with the AEMA report form.
Publications, Newsletters and interviews- a copy of the article or presentation must be submitted with the ceu report form.
- Write an article for a magazine-
- Write an article for a newsletter
- Assisting organizations with fitting
- Presentations at Mom clinics and youth events
- Speaking at a Rotary Meeting about equipment management.
Student/Intern supervision-Include Interns and Training camp students
Continuing Education and seminars-
- college classes, workshops, 7 habits, can also include education seminars from headquarters- laundry procedure reviews, etc. Reviews from headquarters. In order to be awarded, please submit additional documentation related to the seminar such as workbooks, discussion items, etc.
- Tour facilities at other levels and other organizations. Baseball, local schools, etc. A written summary of the tour and contact information for the host must be provided with CEU Report Form.
- Manufacturer tours- Riddell tour, reconditioning plant tour. A written summary of the tour and contact information for the host must be provided with CEU Report Form.
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Required trainings of the NFL
Sporting Goods shows and Vendor meetings
- Vendor meetings outside of convention- at their headquarters or neutral area- not for visits at the home facility unless a specialty training
- Assisting Vendors at sporting goods shows
- Combines- CEU’s can be awarded to equipment managers who assist with combines. Please submit a list of duties and time spent along with the CEU report form.
- Speaking about the role of the equipment manager to other groups inside and out. Ex. Meet with doctor and other medical personnel who are doing research but do not have a knowledge of football helmets, shoulder pads, etc.
- Independent Research- Power point presentations and other online opportunities
- Creating a video on equipment fitting or equipment management for youTube.
- Interviews. There may be times when NFL equipment managers are interviewed for projects within and outside the organization. These should be related to the role of the equipment manager within the organization. These may be eligible for CEU credit. Please submit a CEU report form and a copy or link for the interview. Please submit to your district CEU representative. That person will forward to the committee for review and awarding of credit. Credit will be awarded at the Continuing Education meeting held at the AEMA convention each year.
When in doubt send it in
Latest in Forum
- 2018 : Phoenix, AZ :
June 4-June 7
- 2019 : Indianapolis, IN :
June 2-June 6