Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus – Statesboro, GA
Provide appropriate and safe equipment, uniforms and laundry service for all assigned sports teams and support units. This position will provide support to football and assigned Olympic Sport(s) programs.
- Maintain a highly organized equipment room and laundry room
- Supervise and delegate various responsibilities to student-workers
- Provide laundry services for all athletic teams assigned and support units as necessary
- Assist with the ordering and distribution of Senior Awards for the positions assigned sports as delegated by the Head Coach or Equipment Room Designee
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the President of the University, Director of Athletics, Deputy Athletics Director, Sports Administrator, Head Coach, Director of Equipment Operations & Equipment Room designee
- Ability to work weekdays that extend beyond an eight-hour workday, work multiple consecutive weekends, holidays, and on occasion sudden schedule changes communicated by the Director of Athletics, Deputy Athletics Director, Sport Administrator, Head Coach, Director of Equipment Operations and/or the Sports Equipment Room designee
- Order, receive, inventory, track, properly fit and distribute all student-athlete equipment and Adidas apparel, footwear & headwear
- Order, receive, inventory, track and properly fit all Georgia Southern Athletics Staff and Coaches Adidas apparel, footwear & headwear
- Assist the Head Coach or Equipment Room Designee with the development and monitoring of the assigned sports equipment budget
- Approve and submit all invoices within a timely manner of the completion of an order
- Maintain a proper inventory and tracking with the use of EquipCheck inventory system
- Conduct any repairs to equipment, uniforms, apparel & footwear
- Responsible for the packing of all assigned athletic teams for road contests, including the use of checklists for all items that are to be sent with the teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certification from Athletic Equipment Managers Association or certification achieved within one year of employment
- Two (2) or more years of applicable experience in a Division I equipment room
- Experience with using an inventory tracking system
$19.95 per hour
This is a non- exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to demonstrate good sportsmanship and highest level of personal integrity
- Ability to adjust to changes in leadership, acceptance of policy changes and goals of the University, Athletics Department and Equipment Room leadership in a fast-paced and ever-changing working environment.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service with student-athletes, coaches and staff.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
- Understanding of and proven commitment to comply with NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and institutional athletic rules and regulations
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to athletic and academic excellence
Apply Before Date
July 7, 2023
Application review may begin on June 30, 2023.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver’s license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University’s academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution’s Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments; practices and competition that are subject to extreme heat and cold, rain, snow, other noises, and hazards
- Travel required
- Position of Trust + Education