Reports to: Head Athletic Equipment Manager
Please note, starting salaries are based on factors including internal equity, relevant experience, and education.
Responsible for assisting all aspects of the athletic equipment operation. Ensures that all equipment and uniform needs are met for all sports practices, competitions, road trips, non-traditional seasons, and special events. In coordination with the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Event Management, assist with select venue set up and tear down, attend pre-event planning and game management meetings for assigned sports and events, assist with on-site event administration for assigned sports, and assist with overseeing crowd management and event staff.
-Maintains the organization, inventory, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms:
- Labels all players’ athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Maintains accurate records of equipment, uniforms, locks, and locker room arrangements.
- Repairs broken equipment; and cleans players’ lockers, locker rooms, laundry room, and equipment room.
-Responsible for game day operations:
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Event Management, assist with select venue set up and tear down, and attend pre-event planning and game management meetings for assigned sports and events.
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Event Management, assist with on-site event administration for assigned sports, overseeing crowd management, and event staff.
- Ensures that uniforms are ready in respective locker rooms, are organized, and have necessary equipment ready for on-field/on-court use on game days.
- Prepares extra equipment bags and ensures they are readily available if needed.
- Provides post-game laundry services for participating teams as necessary.
-Responsible for travel preparations:
- Organizes uniforms, travel warm-ups, rain gear, equipment, and players’ bags for travel.
- Prepares bags placed in respective locker rooms for athletes before travel.
- Provides post-travel laundry services.
- Takes inventory of travel equipment and uniforms and notifies coaches and/or players of missing items upon return.
-Completes other daily equipment room tasks including, but not limited to:
- Provides laundry service for coaches, players, and staff.
- Supervises and delegates various responsibilities to student work staff.
- Prepares and submits equipment and uniform lists for order.
- Retrieves incoming equipment and uniforms from the shipping and receiving department and checks in orders.
- Accesses equipment room, storage, laundry facilities, locker room, training room, and other facilities.
- Works weekdays that extend beyond an eight-hour workday works multiple consecutive weekends, and holidays and on occasion sudden schedule changes communicated by Head Athletic Equipment Manager and/or Athletic Support Staff.
- Conducts other duties as assigned by Head Equipment Manager and other support staff.
- Abides by NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interacts with confidence, patience, and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Required: One year of experience working in an athletic environment and/or with athletic equipment including experience as a student worker assisting the Athletic Equipment Manager with related job duties.
Preferred: Three years of experience working in an athletic environment and with athletic equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Use and knowledge of all athletic equipment used by the athletic department.
Proper fitting techniques and reference points for fitting athletic equipment.
General knowledge of essential and high-powered tools
Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) Certification or the ability to achieve certification within two years of the date of hire.
All jobs require a current Criminal Background Check (CBC).
Requires hours of work necessary to fulfill responsibilities, including some holidays and weekends and when the University is closed.
Supervise Student-Work Staff
Trinity University aims to attract an efficient, dedicated staff whose talents will continue to grow the University as an exceptional place to study and work.
Provide Your Resume
Trinity University will post non-exempt staff positions for at least 5 business days and exempt staff positions for at least 10 business days. Faculty positions will remain open until filled. Postings may be extended if a sufficient number of qualified applications has not been received. Trinity University reserves the right to close a posting if a suitable applicant pool has been received and to withdraw or close postings at any time during the posting period.
Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any status protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran