Position: Assistant Coordinator for Athletics Equipment Management – Provost Umphrey Stadium (Graduate Assistant)
Available: 2023-2024 Academic Year (Fall 2023 start)
Compensation: Graduate Tuition Waiver and $5,000 stipend
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate has been selected. For full consideration, please apply ASAP.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required from an Accredited College or University. Applicants must be admitted to Nutrition, Business Administration, Education, or Public Health with Lamar University, enroll in a minimum of 12 graduate credit hours per semester (fall and spring semester) as a full-time student, and maintain a required GPA within that particular college.
This position reports to the Director of Equipment Services (Provost Umphrey Stadium), and is responsible for assisting in managing the athletic equipment room which consists of: athletic teams equipment storage, laundry facility, equipment procurement, and receiving area for daily UPS, Fed Ex and US mail deliveries, including:
· Keep and maintain accurate inventories.
· Place team orders with the department contracted vendor.
· Work closely with all sports coaches on ordering, inventory, laundry and practice and game schedules.
· Assist with the packing, unpacking, setup, and teardown of home and away athletic events for assigned sport(s), including occasional travel.
· Assist with managing the department shipping and receiving area.
· Assist with the storage area of varsity equipment room and organize shelving for most effective use of space and inventory control.
· Ensure varsity equipment room and organize shelving for most effective use of space and inventory control.
· Ensure varsity equipment room compliance with all OSHA and department codes and policies.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Equipment Services (Provost Umphrey Stadium).
In order to receive the full stipend, the position must work a minimum of 20 hours a week. Evening and weekends will be required.
Graduate Assistants are expected to be inclusive, equity-oriented, and diversity-aware, which aligns with the institution’s expectations of diversity and inclusion. We seek a candidate committed to working with people holding similar or different world views while advocating for inclusion of all people.
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond.
To apply: email your resume, cover letter, and three references to Jared Walker ([email protected]).