Assistant Director, Athletics Equipment Operations – 501968
The Assistant Director of Athletics Equipment Operations supports the Director of Athletic Equipment Operations in maintaining, athletic equipment for assigned Division I varsity programs at the University of Richmond. This position is the secondary equipment contact for football and primary contact for assigned programs. The Assistant Director is responsible for equipment distribution, quality of equipment, and handling all equipment needs for his/her assigned programs.
- Oversee and be accountable for the equipment purchasing process for assigned varsity teams.
- Provide secondary equipment support for the football program during both the fall and spring semester including travel to competitions.
- Maintain and coordinate all aspects of the Athletic Department’s laundry facility and operation.
- Assists with the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures for the athletic equipment room operation, including equipment issue/return process, uniform design, and equipment ordering. Ensure that equipment and apparel meets athletic department, University, conference, and NCAA standards.
- Maintain records of equipment issue and return for assigned sports and ensures accuracy of that data.
- Basic understanding of the contents of the six major performance domains of responsibility, tasks associated with each domain, and the knowledge and skills required to perform each of those tasks as prescribed in the certification manual of the Athletic Equipment Managers Association.
- Adherence to all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- 3-5 years experience in the collegiate or professional level preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; nights weekends and travel (during FB season) required
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $34,618.00 to $43,282.00 annually)
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment.
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE