ADMINISTRATIVE / PROFESSIONAL
August 2, 2022
DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
The Assistant Director of Athletic Equipment reports to the Director of Athletic Equipment and is responsible for assisting in planning and coordinating all aspects of the athletic equipment operation, including but not limited to effective maintenance and repair, procurement, budgeting and supervision. This position assists with the sport of football and has oversight over select Olympic Sport programs as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor the athletic equipment budget for assigned sport programs
• Responsible for all procedural functions for equipment procurement under university guidelines
• Monitor daily maintenance of equipment, including laundering, repair and general upkeep of equipment
• Monitor maintenance of machines used in equipment operation and performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance and/or arranges for repairs, as appropriate
• Assist with fitting athletic equipment for individual student-athletes
• Monitor all inventories, distribution and check-in of all equipment utilized by various student-athletes
• Work closely with head coaches that have personal equipment contracts and/or receive equipment outside the normal bid process to ensure the proper accountability of the respective equipment
• Maintain a computerized database for equipment check-in/check-out and inventory
• Assist in the recruitment efforts of new students to The University of Tulsa Pathway to Sports Academy for Equipment students
• Assist in the supervision and development of Equipment students in the Pathway to Sports Academy.
• Recruitment and integration of student managers into the overall equipment room operation
• Operate the athletic equipment program in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference and university rules, regulations, and standards
• Assist the Director of Athletic Equipment in various duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree a Bachelor’s degree; 1 year of experience in athletic equipment management; certification by the Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA); self-management and self-direction; strong work ethic, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Equipment experience within a NCAA Division I program; and experience making buying decisions and ordering team apparel and equipment
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references online at https://universitytulsa.peopleadmin.com/. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.