Title: Assistant Director of Equipment, Olympic Sports
Classification: Admin Services Admin 2 / 4121 / Exempt
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Assistant Director of Equipment, Olympic Sports. This position will report to the Director of Olympic Sports Equipment.
The Assistamt Director of Equipment, Olympic Sports will manage the needs of various Olympic sports. The position will also assist in the overall daily operation of the Equipment Services department.
Your responsibilities include:
• Work closely with assigned coaches, advising them with respect to purchase, issue, and return of all athletic equipment
• Implementation of department inventory control system
• Ordering with our main apparel vendor, Nike and utilizing their Gameday ordering system
• Ordering other equipment and accessories for sports along with tracking and receipt of orders
• Oversee and manage the laundry area and service for various Olympic sports
• Keep and maintain accurate inventories, oversee and manage the department shipping and receiving area
• Work with the accounting office to make sure budgets are followed and all procurement procedures are correctly followed
• Oversee the storage area for various Olympic sports and organize shelfing. Keep room neat and organized and up to all OSHA / Fire Marshall codes
• Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
• Bachelors’ Degree in relevant field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Knowledge of athletic equipment and its’ proper use
• Experience with laundry services for athletic teams
• Ability to perform in a professional manner in a high pressure environment
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible
• Basic computer experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to keep detailed records
• Ability to work flexible and irregular hours and travel, including weekends and holidays
In addition, our preferred qualifications include:
• Two years working in an FBS, FCS, or professional team equipment room
• Experience with Nike (or other brand) ordering system
• Experience with ACS (or competitor) inventory control system
• Knowledge of University branding, logos, and trademark regulations, as well as, conference and NCAA rules as they pertain to recruiting, equipment and uniform logo requirement
• Athletic Equipment Manager Certification (or able to receive certification within 1 year)
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
• A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
• A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
• Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!