Job no: 495530
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange, NJ
The position will assist the Associate Athletics Director for Equipment Operations to better serve student-athletes by lending administrative support, extending hours of operations, and coordinating equipment operations for one or more assigned sports programs. The position will assist in the preparation of electronic requisition ordering forms and assist in the receipt, distribution, and retrieval of equipment for staff and student-athletes. The position will maintain current inventories for all assigned sports. This position will assist with game day management of athletic events and daily facilities scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide laundry service for athletic uniforms and practice gear. Pack, store, and unpack athletic equipment and clothing for home and away games. Clean and maintain equipment, repairing damaged equipment when necessary. Organize and control inventory in the annex storage room. Determine proper storing methods and identification for items.
2. Oversee the issuance and collection of game gear. Maintain an inventory of all athletics equipment and keep accurate records of equipment provided to athletes, coaches, and staff. Document and inventory all incoming packages. Distribute packages to appropriate persons within the department.
3. Meet with sales representatives to discuss new and existing products. Deliver apparel and other items to local vendors for screening/embroidering. Pick up equipment or apparel that is ordered through local vendors.
4. Assist with set up, breakdown and operation of athletic events and serve as onsite manager coordinating staffing, concessions, security, etc.
5. Coordinate facility use with Athletics, academic departments, intramurals, club sports, recreational and wellness operations, student organizations, other institutional departments, and external organizations. Other duties as assigned.
3-5 yrs prior experience in equipment room operations preferred. Basic knowledge of sports equipment and facilities needs.
Staff Union (Local 153) – SU16.0
Physical demands include extensive standing, walking and lifting. Exposure to all weather conditions and hazardous materials.
If interested please use the following link to apply: