This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the purchasing and receiving of athletic apparel and equipment as assigned by the Associate AD – Internal Operations and will work closely with assigned team coaches. Assist with maintenance of apparel and equipment control systems and procedures including purchasing, inventory, ordering and billing. The position will also assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Equipment Room.
Recruit, train, and supervise Cadet-Managers. Determine the logistics for off-campus games and practices. Regulate game day and practice equipment set for players, staff, visiting teams, and officials. Establish a working budget for sport teams, including NIKE Comp and other money. Create and design uniforms, practice gear, and artwork for athletic teams, support staff, and other departments. Maintain the ethics and high standards of the AWPAA and US Military Academy.
Serve as the liaison to sport programs as assigned by the Associate AD – Internal Operations.
Responsible for daily monitoring, inventory and tracking of all issued equipment/apparel to assigned teams.
Assist with the purchasing and receiving of equipment, gear, and uniforms for assigned teams.
Ensuring Cadet-Athlete safety and welfare with respect for equipment through vendor and manufacturing contacts. Knowledge of the safest and technological equipment.
Ensuring the athletic department is following NCAA regulations with respect to equipment.
Travel may be required
The minimum education required to perform the above primary role of this position.
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent)
• Association (AEMA) certification or the ability to obtain within 12-18 months
The minimum years of applicable and relevant work experience that would be necessary to effectively perform in the position.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in athletics (intercollegiate or professional), specifically equipment operations.
• Demonstrated experience in fitting, repairing/maintaining, and purchasing athletic equipment.
• Experience creating, organizing, and adjusting budgets (preferred).
• Knowledge of sanitary and cleansing protocol of athletic equipment (preferred).
• Knowledge of athletic vendors and representations for purchasing of new products (preferred).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and special licenses needed to effectively perform in the position (software, professional certifications, drivers’ license, languages, etc.).
• Demonstrate good judgment and the ability to respond quickly and deal successfully under pressure and in a very open and public environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Team-First Approach.
• Strong Work Ethic.
• Ability to Build and Maintain Relationships.
• Excellent Organizational and Communication Skills.
• Microsoft Office 365.
• Job Versatility.
• Driver’s License
• Willingness to Learn and Contribute.
Required Equipment Experience
Equipment with which the incumbent must be familiar or will be required to operate or use.
• Laundry chemicals and machines.
• Sanitization and cleansing chemicals.
• Athletic gear and loops.
• Gator/Cushman operations.
The United States Military Academy (USMA) is renowned as the world’s preeminent leadership development institution in the world. Located on the banks of the Hudson River in West Point, NY, it is approximately one hour from New York City. The mission of USMA is “to educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation as an officer in the United States Army.” This position will be housed within the Army West Point Athletic Association, Inc. (AWPAA), which is a non-profit corporation organized to manage and support the 30 intercollegiate athletic programs at the Academy. The AWPAA mission is to provide an extraordinary NCAA Division I athletic experience that develops leaders of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country.
Army West Point Athletic Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.