The United States Military Academy (USMA) is renowned as the world’s preeminent leadership development institution in the world. Located on the banks of the Hudson River in West Point, NY, it is approximately one hour from New York City. The mission of USMA is “to educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the Nation as an officer in the United States Army.” This position will be housed within the Army West Point Athletic Association, Inc. (AWPAA), which is a non-profit corporation organized to manage and support the 30 intercollegiate athletic programs at the Academy. The AWPAA mission is to provide an extraordinary NCAA Division I athletic experience that develops leaders of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country.
Army West Point Athletic Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the director in procuring, supervising, and maintaining uniforms, equipment, and gear for all athletes, coaches, and support staff. Make sure all equipment and gear is stocked, organized, and placed in a secure area (inventory daily). Help to recruit, train, and supervise Cadet-Managers. Help determine the logistics for off-campus games and practices. Regulate game day and practice equipment set for players, staff, visiting teams, and officials. Assists the director in determining needs of athletic apparel and sports equipment. Assists in establishing a working budget for sport teams, including NIKE Comp and other money. Maintain the ethics and high standards of The United States Military Academy. On field support of practices and games for respective teams.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in athletics (intercollegiate or professional), specifically equipment operations.
- Demonstrated experience in fitting, repairing/maintaining, and purchasing athletic equipment.
- Laundry chemicals and machines.
- Sanitization and cleansing chemicals.
- Athletic gear and loops.
- Gator/Cushman operations.
- Demonstrate good judgment and the ability to respond quickly and deal successfully under pressure and in a very open and public environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Team-First Approach.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Ability to Build and Maintain Relationships.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication Skills.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Job Versatility.
- Driver’s License
- Willingness to Learn and Contribute.