Reporting to the Director of Equipment Operations, the Assistant Equipment Manager provides excellent service to student-athletes, coaches, and institutional staff members. The Assistant Equipment Manager will provide assistance in managing all aspects of athletic equipment operations. Incumbent will oversee all equipment operations for assigned Olympic sports. Assistant Equipment Manager will also perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience professional or collegiate level athletic equipment room setting. Must be an active member of the AEMA or able to be certified within a year. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• The ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
• Demonstrate a proven track record in building quality relationships.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Project management and leadership skills.
• Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust.
• Strategic and financial analysis and research skills.
• Ability to successfully navigate across multiple departments in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en. Please apply to Requisition # 22000508. All applicants must apply online through Temple University Human Resources in order to be considered.