LocationSan Antonio, TX
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn.
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 07/24/2022. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary: commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To assist in the overall management, oversight and supervision of the daily operations related to equipment associated with the UTSA Athletic program.
Scope: Responsible for assisting in the storing, issuing and maintaining of equipment, supplies and clothing associated with the athletic program.
- Assist in the process to develop, maintain and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the equipment room(s) with the athletic departments.
- Daily laundry needs for student athletes and coaches.
- Quality control of day-to-day student manager responsibilities: including keeping up with class schedules, coordinating practice and game assignments.
- Work directly with the Head of Athletics Equipment Operations in coordinating team equipment requests to ensure proper sizing and fitting of the athletes.
- Responsible for assisting in the oversight of the storage, preservation, shipping and reconditioning of all equipment.
- Provide constant communication with coaching staff to assure needs and assignments for practice are met.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with assigned UTSA sports to communicate needs to head equipment manager.
- Foster, build and maintain relationships with vendors and sporting goods companies.
- Support head coaches in procurement activities to ensure necessary stock levels of equipment.
- Assist in the coordination of the transportation and packing of equipment, uniforms and supplies to both home and away from home competitions and practices.
- Assist in annual apparel and footwear purchase order by proving insight and inventory needs for the upcoming year.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- One year of experience managing equipment in college or professional sports.
- Must adhere to all federal and state laws and university policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all NCAA and Conference USA rules and report any known compliance violations. Knowledge of NCAA regulations as it pertains to this position.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, principles and practices.
- Equipment related to athletics. Normal office machines.
- AEMA Certified within one year of employment.
- Experience with Adidas B2B purchasing website.
- Experience with FR Trac inventory software system or similar software system.
- Frequent evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Occasional weekend travel required.
On Campus: Primary work location will be on campus. Travel and parking, expenses are the employee’s responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.