Assist in day-to-day operations in the Equipment Room with primary responsibility for football and other sport responsibilities, to be determined upon hire. Under direction of the Director of Football Equipment, this position (Coordinator I) will oversee all practice and game setup/breakdown responsibilities. This will require some supervision and providing direction for student equipment staff during these times.
- Assist with oversight of equipment room organization, cleanliness and safety. Prepare staging and presentation of facilities for tours and recruiting visits, representing the Athletic Department and football program’s high standards of excellence.
- Selection and fitting of equipment to manufactures safety standards; distribution, collection, inspection and maintenance of equipment; working with assigned coaches to plan for current and future equipment and uniform needs; setup/breakdown of athletics sites related to area of operation
- Manage inventory utilizing equipment inventory software. Oversee equipment control, pre- and postseason inventory and midseason shortages. Analyze specifications and quantities for required equipment, apparel and supplies for each fiscal year. Research vendors to ensure best pricing. Initiate procurement, manage delivery and inventory. Promote and maintain effective relationships with suppliers.
- Assist the Director of Football Equipment in overseeing the football uniforms and apparel allotment. This includes utilizing training and expertise in properly sizing and fitting equipment, apparel and footwear. Inspect, evaluate and maintain equipment to ensure it is kept in top working condition and meets safety standards.
- Provide organizational logistics for football practices and games. This requires professionalism, tact and responsiveness to requests from coaches, staff, and student-athletes. Respond to unforeseen emergencies during practices and competition, making independent judgment calls on how to resolve. Oversee facility requirements including climate control, hydration, and communications system needs. Serve as secondary liaison and coordinate with offsite location, evaluating and determining facility requirements, equipment planning, safety and security for staff, athletes and property.
- Assist the Olympic Sports Equipment manager in planning and budgeting equipment orders for selected Olympic Sports. Will work with assigned coaches to plan for current and future equipment and uniform needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Position requires work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays, in addition to seasonal travel.
- Aptitude is required
- Ability to adhere to USU Travel and Driving policies
- Abide by all NCAA, Mountain West Conference and Utah State University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures
- One year of equipment managment experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in SportSoft Inventory Software or other comparable inventory software
- Athletic Equipment Manager Association (AEMA) certification, or working towards certification within 1 year.
- Experience working in equipment operations at the NCAA Division I Level
Find more information at: