The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Equipment Room Manager to support the Football program.
Assistant Equipment Room Managers are responsible for performing operations involving athletic equipment for one or more assigned sport programs. They demonstrate proficiency with core duties involving the preparation of computer-generated requisition forms, the receipt, distribution, and retrieval of all materials for staff and student athletes and maintaining current inventories for all assigned sports.
The Assistant Equipment Room Manager position exists to provide a high level of program support to the Football Program and to assist in achieving a nationally recognized program both on and off the field in a manner that meets all guidelines set by the University of Virginia, the ACC, and the NCAA.
- Prepare computer generated requisition forms for all assigned sports.
- Receive, distribute, and retrieve all materials for staff and student-athletes.
- Maintain student-athletes’ property records in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Maintain a current inventory for Football.
- Assist the Director of Equipment Room Operations in determining equipment needs for budget meetings.
- Maintain an inventory of all athletic equipment and keep accurate records of issuance of equipment to student athletes, coaches, and staff.
- Provide laundry service for athletic clothing and uniforms.
- Pack, store, and unpack athletic equipment and clothing for home and away games.
- Determine proper storage methods and identification.
- Coordinate the assignment of student athlete lockers.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Repair damaged equipment when necessary.
- Meet with sales representatives on new and existing products.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
This position will support the Football program.
Anticipated Starting Salary: $33,280 per year. This is a full-time, nonexempt (overtime-eligible) position, which is eligible for the University’s benefits package. Employees benefits package highlights include:
- 22 days of paid time off, increasing with service; 13+ paid holidays each year, in addition to paid time off
- Parental and Community Service Leave
- Health plan with options to meet healthcare and financial needs available immediately
- Retirement benefits
- Tuition and professional development benefits after the first six months
- Employee wellness program featuring activities to earn up to $500/year.
Education: High School diploma or GED is required.
Experience: Some related Athletics equipment room experience.
Licensure: A valid driver’s license.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Experience in Football equipment room operations for a collegiate athletic program.
Licensure: Athletics Equipment Manager’s Association certification (E.M., C.) or obtain within the first two years of employment.
Physical Demands: Work is performed in the distribution of sports equipment, assisting on practice fields, in team laundry room, packing and unpacking uniforms and equipment.
The selected applicant will pass a background check.
Please do not submit application materials directly to staff of the Department of Athletics, as only applications received through Workday will be accepted. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching ‘Find Jobs.’ Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration. For questions about the application process, please contact Michele Jarman, Academic Recruiter.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.