Assistant Manager, Athletics Equipment (Football)
Requisition Number S2891P
Home Org Name Athletic Equipment Rooms
Division Name Director Intercollegiate Athletics
Position Title Assistant Manager, Athletics Equipment (Football)
Job Class Code BA33
Appointment Status Full-time
Limited Term No
Limited Term Length
Job Summary Auburn University Athletics is excited to begin the search for an Athletics Equipment Assistant Manager! This individual is responsible for coordinating the operation of the equipment room for Football, which includes the purchase, issuance, and maintenance of apparel and equipment. Responsible for monitoring athletics apparel and equipment budgets. Responsible for identifying and evaluating relevant equipment safety technology advancements, available modalities, quality standards, and recovery apparel to optimize student-athletes’ safety.
Why Should YOU Choose Auburn University?
- Auburn University was named a “Best in Alabama” employer by Forbes! Our employee
longevity speaks for itself, with employees staying an average of ten years.
- Competitive state benefits including retirement plan vesting at 10 years of service,
generous leave accrual, and parental leave opportunity.
- Auburn University tuition assistance for yourself and your dependents. Employees can
take 15 hours of classes for free, and dependents receive a 50% tuition waiver.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Executes maintenance of apparel and equipment, which includes but is not limited to
laundry, repair, and general care. Maintains Hygiene standards according to Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Procures apparel and equipment according to university policies and procedures, while
adhering to allocated athletics apparel and equipment budgets.
- Manages inventory, issuance, and maintains accurate records of issued apparel and
equipment to coaches, student-athletes and support staff.
- Properly fits equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, detects equipment
malfunctions, and assures necessary repairs are completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Handles athletics equipment needs as it relates to practice and competition venues. May
travel as assigned to execute equipment maintenance responsibilities.
- Assures apparel and equipment artwork and logos are compliant according to licensing,
marketing, NCAA, and SEC guidelines.
- Identifies and evaluates relevant equipment safety technology advancements, available
modalities, quality standards, and recovery apparel to optimize student-athletes’ safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and
Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties
Minimum Qualifications Education:
Bachelor Degree in Sports Management, Sports Administration, Business Administration,
Management, or a related field.
3 years of experience in purchasing, maintaining, and stocking athletic equipment.
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
Graduate degrees accepted in lieu of experience, at a rate of one year relevant education per
year of required experience.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sports equipment and protective gear needs and uses related to student
- Knowledge of all NCAA and SEC policies and guidelines along with university compliance
policies to ensure all compliance, licensing, and marketing regulations are followed.
- Knowledge and keep up to date on concussion prevention and technology.
Minimum License and Certifications None Required.
Posting Detail Information
Salary Range $39,500-$63,200
Job Category Athletics Support
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in: Auburn
State position is located: AL
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Posting Date 07/14/2023
Closing Date 07/24/2023
EEO Statement Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women,
underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It
is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race,
7/14/23, 3:25 PM Auburn University Portal | Assistant Manager, Athletics Equipment (Football) | Print Preview
sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings https://www.auemployment.com/postings/39565
Documents Needed to Apply
1. Cover Letter