If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Associate Director, Athletic Equipment Operations is responsible for monitoring all aspects of our equipment operations in accordance with the NCAA and ACC rules for Intercollegiate Athletics. This role entails coordinating the functioning and maintenance of athletic equipment, along with devising budget recommendations for equipment upkeep and personnel support. This role centers predominantly on the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams, as well as other sports affiliated with the University of Miami. Incumbent negotiates contracts with athletic vendors frequently makes decision by exercising discretion and independent judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day equipment operations of the Equipment room. Provide expertise and understanding of all equipment needs and assessment of current safety standards and concerns. Team Operations: Travel with Basketball teams to tournaments or post-season events. Compliance: Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA, ACC Conference, and institution rules and regulations and to communicate immediately any possible infractions of such rules and regulations to the Athletics Compliance Staff. Level of Supervision Provided: Orients and trains others; assigns and reviews work. May perform work similar to that of subordinates. Other Duties: Other program duties as requested by the Director of Athletics or the Director, Athletic Equipment Operations. Oversees the maintenance of current inventories of all athletic equipment supplies related to Men’s and Women’s Basketball, as well as other sports affiliated with the University of Miami. Oversees and develops procedures for the inspection of all athletic equipment to ensure high quality. Oversees the issuance, fitting, maintenance of all Men’s and Women’s Basketball equipment and uniforms. Manages all laundry and locker room operations for both Men’s and Women’s Basketball with the possibility of assisting other sports as needed. Coordinates the selection of manufacturers for the purchase of equipment and evaluates bids as they relate to cost and quality, as well as service and delivery schedules. Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations.
Qualifications (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-3 years of Equipment Manager experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be certified by the Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of employment.
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple projects in a timely fashion.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency is required to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Equipment Inventory, ACS Equipment Inventory or Sport soft Equipment Inventory.
- The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
If anyone has any questions, they can contact me directly at
|Arielle Scavo, E.M., C.Director of Olympic Equipment Operations|
Miami Hurricanes Athletics Hecht Athletic Center | 5821 San Amaro Drive | Coral Gables, FL 33146
C: (305) 527-0382 | O: (305) 284-9668