Please go to the link below to apply for the position.
Assistant Equipment Manager (Football)- Mississippi State University
OB NO: 503560
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time 12-Month
DEPARTMENT: 890118 – Athletics – Equipment Room
LOCATION: Main Campus – Starkville, MS
POSITION OPEN DATE: Dec 21 2021
Assist in all aspects of the football equipment operation including, but not limited, to receiving, inventory, issuance, use, and maintenance of football equipment according to established policies and procedures.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are “Unclassified” and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Director of Football Equipment in day-to-day operation of the football equipment room.
2. Advise the Director of Football Equipment on budgeting for all equipment matters.
3. Advise the Director of Football Equipment in the ordering of football Adidas apparel.
4. Advise the Director of Football Equipment in the ordering of football equipment.
5. Assist the Director of Football Equipment to ensure athletic equipment is properly set-up, cleaned, packed, transported and stored for practice and games, both home and away.
6. Execute fitting of all athletes in football equipment ensuring proper fit and compliance with safety standards.
7. Assist the Director of Football Equipment with shipping and receiving.
8. Maintain detailed inventory records for all football specific equipment and Adidas apparel.
9. Assist the Director of Football Equipment with managing football locker and equipment room areas and with monitoring and advising on the security of these areas.
10. Assist with management of football laundry operations.
11. Comply with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree in related field; minimum of Post Graduate Internship and/or Graduate Assistantship
Experience beyond the minimum; 1-2 years of relevant full-time experience
Knowledge of Inventory management systems
Knowledge of proper helmet and shoulder pad fitting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work long and irregular hours
2. Ability to travel
3. Ability to work in extreme temperatures
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150 lbs.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.