Colgate Athletics has 2 openings for athletic equipment assistants. These positions will assist with all day to day equipment operations listed below.
Colgate Athletics seeks to be a welcoming and diverse association of students, coaches, staff, alumni and fans in which all people are treated equitably and respectfully, and can contribute fully to our success; we share common goals, we affirm open communication and civility, we honor the sacredness of each person, we accept responsibility to act for the common good, we care for and serve one another, and we honor our history while celebrating our evolution; and, we strive to consistently perform at the upper range of our potential, to get better every day with a goal to win – to win in competition, in the classroom, in the community and in the lives of every member of the Colgate Community.
Under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director of Equipment Services, the employee has the following accountabilities:
- Daily sorting of packages received, including accurate verification of goods received, signing packing lists as required for submission to the accounts payable department, and accurately entering received items into the inventory tracking program
- Assisting with equipment maintenance for all varsity sports to include laundering practice gear, uniforms, towels, and other gear as directed to ensure timely availability for subsequent events
- Ensuring coaching staff, trainers, and athletic staff are properly equipped for all practices and games
- Providing game-day logistic support to ensure coaches, officials, and athletes have the equipment, towels, drinks, etc. readily available, and coordinating with and tasking student managers to assist in many of these duties as required
- Issuing equipment at cage window for intercollegiate sports as needed
- Educating of student-athletes on athletic equipment usage and safety standards
- Repair of athletic equipment as needed in a timely fashion such as rivet repairs, helmet repairs, uniform repairs with a sewing machine, cutting of sticks, swapping of heads, etc.
- Fitting of athletic equipment and apparel such as helmets, shoes, cleats, shoulder pads, gloves, etc.
- Driving company vehicles and rentals including: golf carts, vans, pick up trucks, box trucks for transporting athletic equipment goods
- Moving, setting up, tearing down of athletic equipment – field equipment, court equipment, goals, carts, bins, balls, etc.
- Ordering and purchasing team equipment
- Traveling with assigned teams as needed for practice and competition (including both day trips and overnights)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Equipment Services
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- At least one year of sports equipment management experience.
- Must possess ability to repair equipment and operate commercial laundry machinery.
- Must possess ability to accurately create equipment orders for multiple teams.
- Must be capable of proper usage and safety in basic power tools.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of constituents on a daily basis.
- Must have exemplary record of work performance and attendance.
- Proficient use of computer to include Microsoft office.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- AEMA certified or ability to become certified within two years.
Please apply through the link below. If there are questions please reach out via email to the Director of Equipment Dom Calhoun – [email protected]