Position Type:Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Employment Type:Full-Time Position Length:12-month
Salary Range:Grade G
Salary Amount:$4,601 – $5,599
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?No
BASIC FUNCTION:Under the supervision of the area Dean, performs a variety of duties related to athletic equipment, including: ordering and receiving; inventorying and recording; issuing, repairing and maintaining supplies, equipment and uniforms.
EDUCATION:Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE:Two years closely related experience in athletics or equipment management is required.
KNOWLEDGE OF:Equipment, uniforms, machinery, and supplies used in a college athletic program; cleaning, maintaining, repairing, and storing of athletic uniforms and supplies; principles and procedures of record keeping; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy; and health and safety regulations.
ABILITY TO:Stock, receive, issue, maintain, and repair clothing and equipment; operate various equipment, including washers, dryers, and sewing machines; maintain accurate and orderly records; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; meet schedules and deadlines; train and provide work direction to others.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:Must have a valid California driver’s license, and have (and maintain) an insurable driving record acceptable to the District’s insurance carrier, is required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
CONTACTS:Co-workers, other departmental staff, vendors, suppliers, students, and the general public.
PHYSICAL EFFORT:Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and light lifting; dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Orders or recommends, receives stores and maintains inventories of equipment used in college athletic programs.
2. Contacts vendors to determine prices, availability and quality of products; follows up with vendors on purchase requisitions and delivery dates.
3. Receives athletic equipment and supplies; matches received items with purchase requisition and packing slip; and works with the athletic department instructional department specialist to resolve invoices.
4. Maintains a variety of records and reports. May include inventory, assist in accounting and budget responsibilities.
5. Fits athletes with appropriate clothing and equipment; issues clothing and uniforms, towels, protective equipment, shoes and other equipment; assures that equipment issued to athletes is returned.
6. Launders, cleans and inspects clothing, uniforms and equipment for needed repairs; maintains and repairs equipment as needed.
7. Maintains equipment room and related facilities in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition; oversees security of locker and equipment rooms.
8. Issues lockers to student athletes; assists with combination problems; changes locker combinations after completion of the season; sanitizes, cleans and submits work orders to repair lockers.
9. Answers phones and responds to inquiries and requests for information regarding athletic programs, locker room operations and procedures; assists in resolving complaints regarding equipment, uniforms and lost items.
10. Travels with athletic teams as assigned; attends home athletic events; provides equipment items; and makes emergency repairs to equipment at athletic events as needed.
11. Remains current on developments and products in athletic equipment and supplies.
12. Trains and supervises student athletic equipment managers.
13. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
14. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
15. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:Monday – Friday: 9:00am-6:00pm
Required Applicant Documents:Resume or Curriculum VitaeCover Letter Optional Applicant Documents:Letter of Recommendation 1Letter of Recommendation 2Letter of Recommendation 3 Effective Employment Date:Anticipated Start Date: October or November 2022
Application Deadline:Open Until Filled
IMPORTANT NOTICES:*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of October. **First review of applications is September 29th and every two weeks thereafter, until the positions are filled.***
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
******* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:Classified/Management/Confidential Application
To Apply, visit:https://apptrkr.com/3431869