Virginia Military Institute (VMI), an NCAA Division I and Southern Conference (SOCON) member, is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Athletics Equipment & Services. The position reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities & Compliance and will be responsible for all equipment, laundry services, operations. Daily interface with the coaching staff and administrative staff is expected. In addition, the position is housed in the football operations building and it is expected that this individual works closely with, and in support of, the football program. Position supervises one full-time assistant, part-time support and cadets.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of, and adherence to, all NCAA, VMI and Southern Conference rules and regulations
• Operate within all VMI and Virginia purchasing processes and procedures
• Maintain Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA)certification
• Ability to fit and repair protective athletic equipment
• Working knowledge of inventory systems and ability to control all equipment, footwear and apparel
• Strong organizational and communication abilities
• Willingness to develop strong relationships with vendors and companies specializing in athletic equipment, footwear and apparel
• Support fulfillment of footwear and apparel contracts
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to interact with coaching staff on a daily basis.
• Ability to adjust to a flexible work schedule
• Understanding of laundry operations and services
• Provide support to coaching staff, when appropriate, for uniform design and selection
• Develop and monitor work schedules for direct reports to ensure equipment/laundry room coverage and operations for all practices and competitions.
• Travel to selected team competitions
• Oversight for practice and competition venue preparation as needed
• Other duties as assigned and reasonably linked to function area• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics or his/her designee
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.Minimum Qualifications:• A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience is required,
• Must have a valid driver’s licensePreferred Qualifications:• AEMA certification or ability to obtain within one year.
• Two years of athletics equipment/services experience with at least one year working with football.This is a full time administrative professional position with an excellent benefits package.
Please include resume, cover letter, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Candidates can apply: Director of Athletics Equipment & Services – Full-time-Job Application
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.