BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for managing all aspects of athletics equipment operations and apparel management including facility operations, ordering, inventory, laundry services, vendor management, and inventory. Oversees the overall operation of the equipment services area and any interns/student staff.
UNUSUAL WORK CONDITIONS: Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens in accident/emergency situations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL NEEDED:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred or equivalent related experience. Have equipment manager certification (AEMA) or be in the process of obtaining certification.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in college athletics and in equipment operations/management is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to multitask. Ability to be hands on and service basic equipment repair needs. Ability and flexibility to work nights and weekends.
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL: Work-Study and Student Staff
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
1. Oversees the Equipment Room operation and supervises student assistants. This involves:
· ensuring the efficient operation to meet needs and expectations of coaches, students and visitors,
· hiring and evaluating student assistants, approving schedules, troubleshooting issues, etc.
· preparing work schedules,
· conducting training sessions on the general operation and procedures of the equipment room
2. Monitors and is responsible for team game and practice uniforms and equipment. This involves:
· ensuring uniforms are laundered and distributed,
· conducting biannual inventory for athletic teams,
· performing minor repairs to equipment.
3. Management of specific duties for Equipment/apparel area, including:
· manage inventory systems and control of all equipment, footwear and apparel
· oversee the fit and repair of protective athletic equipment
4. Receives annual written approval from the Director of Athletics and the President prior to receiving any athletically related income and benefits from sources outside the institution including contractual agreements and letters of appointment. Sources of income shall include but are not limited to: income from annuities; sports camps; housing benefits (including preferential housing arrangements); country club memberships complimentary ticket sales; television and radio programs; and endorsements or consultations with athletics shoe, apparel or equipment manufacturers.
5. Interacts with all department administrators and Prep athletics in fulfilling the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate program.
6. Participates in special projects as requested.
7. Participates in the professional development of the department. This involves:
· communicating effectively with supervisor concerning pertinent departmental matters,
· monitoring developments in Athletics and Recreation through membership in professional associations, attendance at workshops and seminars, and in the reading of professional literature,
· promoting a courteous image as a university representative, attending departmental staff meetings as requested, ensuring student athletes, individual and team efforts, are recognized,
· performing efficiently in all work-related functions, supporting the university and departmental mission, vision and cultural commitments, including participating in community service activities as possible.
8. Promotes safe and secure working conditions. This involves:
· promoting the proper utilization of equipment and materials, notifying supervisor immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
9. Performs other related duties as directed Supervisor and/or as dictated by responsibilities. Will assist in various game day facility and event operations and with the administration/operation of special events/championships hosted by the University and the department.
This position is based at Fairfield University’s Fairfield, CT campus and is not eligible for immigration assistance.
Performs such other duties, responsibilities, and activities as required by supervisor and as departmental/University needs indicate.
Please apply through the following link: https://ffd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/EmploymentOpportunities/details/Director-of-Equipment-Operations-and-Services_JR0001352
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain and should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, activities, and/or qualifications required or expected of employees assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change and new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the “My Experience” section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying.