|Job Title||Director of Equipment Services – Peden Stadium|
|Applications Accepted From||Public: Open to the public|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||To apply, please complete the online quick application and attach the required documents. For references, please provide names, addresses and current contact information for 3 professional references. Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until a successful candidate is identified; for full consideration, please apply by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, September 21, 2022.|
Ohio Athletics recognizes that diversity is vital to the strength and success of the department and is committed to the recruitment and retention of a talented and diverse staff and student-athlete population.
|This position is eligible for the following benefits:||medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, vacation, and retirement.|
|Job Description||OHIO Athletics is a dynamic team of student-athletes, coaches and administrators with a vision to demonstrate unprecedented excellence in athletics, academics and student-athlete development. Our championship culture provides a foundation for our students to grow as a person, student and athlete.|
The Director of Equipment Services – Peden Stadium is responsible for the management and oversight of all equipment operations for seven sports programs, administrative & student-athlete support departments located in Peden Stadium. The position performs a variety of duties related to managing an intercollegiate equipment room, including all safety functions related to the cleaning and maintenance of athletic equipment & apparel for more than 200+ student-athletes, team travel preparations and game day duties, equipment inventory, forecasting of equipment needs, the procurement and allocation of equipment and apparel, budget compliance and business office interaction. Additional responsibilities include the oversight, maintenance, repair, and proper handling and safe keeping of equipment room assets. The Director supervises all Peden Stadium Equipment Room staff.
Primary accountabilities:1. Manage day-to-day equipment room operations and team services including, but not limited to industrial laundry and sanitation systems, equipment inventory control, forecasting of equipment needs, the procurement, processing and allocation of equipment and apparel, branding and decoration of all apparel per athletic department specifications and MAC and NCAA by-laws, and the proper fitting & safety instructions of protective equipment.
2. Maintain equipment through regular testing, address equipment repair and defects with the appropriate manufacturer. Perform end of season equipment inventory, maintenance, proper storage.
3. Oversee business and financial operations for the Peden Stadium equipment room in accordance with federal, state, local, and University regulations and policies including, but not limited to the processing & approval of invoices, planning supplies purchases for room operation. Responsible for monitoring multiple sport apparel budgets and institution inventory controls. Provide guidance and consultation to coaches of assigned sport programs related to apparel contract related activity, safety compliance and equipment selection.
4. Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises Equipment Operations/Peden Stadium staff to include full-time staff and up to 10 student employees. Delegates, oversees and manages workflow and assignments. Responsible for evaluating, setting goals and identifying area of improvements. Schedule, approve, and monitor staff hours to ensure operational efficiency, compliance, and proper team coverage according to sports seasons in accordance with federal, state, local, and University regulations and policies.
5. Maintain an organized, clean, & safe environment at all times.
Some evenings and weekends will be required. Travel is also required.
|Minimum Qualifications||· Bachelor’s degree· A minimum of 3 years of athletic equipment experience or related field.· Certified by the National Equipment Manager’s Association and certified in CPR|
* an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
|Department||ICA Business Administration|
|Pay Rate||Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials.|
Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, retirement plan with an employer contribution, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, parental leave program, vacation, and more.
Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits
|Job Open Date||09/06/2022|
|Posting Close Date||09/21/2022|
|Job Category||Administrative at-will appointment|
|Planning Unit||Intercollegiate Athletics|
|Expected hours worked per week||40+ hours per week|
|Expected duration of assignment||on-going|
|Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.||Trina Jones, [email protected]|
|Diversity Statement||Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.|
|Employment Type||full-time regular|
|Job Family/Subfamily||Athletics-Equipment & Facilities|
|Career Track & Level||IC 3|
Clery Act Crime Statistics
|Clery Act Crime Statistics||To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here|
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please indicate the highest degree you have earned.
- No degree
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree with some graduate work
- Master’s degree
- Ph.D. or other terminal degree
- Are you a current OHIO University employee?
- Please indicate your level of experience within collegiate athletics.
- no related experience
- less than 6 months
- 6 months plus, but less than 1 year
- 1 year plus, but less than 3 years
- 3 years plus, but less than 5 years
- 5 years plus