Director Of Football Equipment Operations
Location: New Orleans, LA
Manages all aspects of equipment operations for football program. Supervises football equipment graduate assistant and student workers assigned to assist football equipment. Ensures all football equipment is properly fitted to AEMA and NOCSAE standards. Assist with general needs of equipment unit where assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver’s license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student athletes and vendors
• Extremely organized, self-starter, intrinsically motivated
• Strong organizational, management and leadership skills
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and social media
• Proven ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Available to work flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
• Travel with sport teams for away contests
• Through knowledge of NCAA and American Conference rules and regulations
Ensures that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seeks interpretations from the compliance staff before acting when necessary. Reports potential rules violations immediately. Completes required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors all of their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and experience in athletics equipment management
• High School Diploma/equivalent and 6 years of previous experience in athletics equipment management
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience at the Division I intercollegiate level
• Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) certification
• A valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver’s license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
How to Apply
This position will close on 05/12/2023
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which includes the requirement of a booster when eligible. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Applications are only accepted via university job site.
|Gabe DelatteDirector of Equipment OperationsDepartment of Athletics | Tulane University James W. Wilson, Jr. Center | New Orleans, LA 70118[email protected] | 504.862.8681|