Job Family: Athletics & Wellness
Job Function: Equipment Management
Job Title: Equipment Assistant (10 month – Seasonal)
General Description (Purpose and Function)
The Equipment Assistant is responsible for helping assist with the daily duties of the football equipment room, including the issuing and retrieval of equipment. Additionally, they will assist in the receiving, issuance, laundering, use and maintenance of athletic equipment according to established policies and procedures for Football and other sports programs as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the receiving, issuance, use and maintenance of athletic equipment according to established policies and procedures (Football.
• Receives new equipment and performs necessary documentation. Assists in the maintenance of current inventories of all athletic equipment supplies.
• Assists in the issuance, fitting, maintenance, repair, and reconditioning of equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in the transportation and implementation of athletics equipment at athletics competitions.
• Performs laundry function for all sports uniforms as required.
• Assists in supervising student equipment managers.
• Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental, and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations.
• Assists in the loading and unloading of football equipment during home and away football games.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned by the equipment manager.
Educational Requirements (Essential Requirements)
• High School Diploma
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements)
One year of experience
Please send resumes and references to Sam Nichols, Director of Football Equipment Operations, [email protected].