This position is responsible for overall planning and execution of the department’s laundry needs as well as all equipment and supplies used in those activities. The Equipment Assistant will also provide equipment management services to assigned sports. This position provides event and game management support for scheduled events within athletics, requiring significant night and weekend work.
- Oversee all aspects of laundry operations including pick up, delivery, laundering, drying, folding, hanging, and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Provide equipment management services for assigned sports.
- Oversee training of staff to handle aspects of laundry operations.
- Oversee the operation and upkeep of the laundry machines ensuring proper record keeping and operations procedures are followed, including daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance schedules.
- Assist with the scheduling and coordination of any services from outside contractors and mechanics to be performed on equipment.
- Provide assistance in operation of screen printing/embellishment of apparel.
- Provide assistance to equipment staff in receiving, inventory, distribution, and record keeping of gear and apparel distributed within the athletic department.
- Keep an accurate and updated inventory of building tools, machinery, cleaning supplies, and other related equipment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all laundry areas.
- Assist in the oversight of the inventory, ordering, and upkeep of all laundry equipment and supplies.
- Assist with events as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Equipment.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from staff or students.
- Assure compliance with NCAA and Big Ten Rules as well as OSEH Safety Programs.
- Assure compliance with University purchasing protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and work experience.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Experience maintaining state-of-the art facilities and grounds, and keeping them in pristine condition.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules.
- Knowledge of OSEH Safety Programs
- Ability to work nights, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences: Coaches, staff, student-athletes, customers, vendors, fans, etc.
- Ability to quickly and successfully diffuse, manage, and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to promote a team atmosphere with all employees
- Ability to enhance innovation and new ideas with all team members
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- College athletic experience.