Stanford Equipment Internship
Assisting in Equipment Services, you will be exposed to all aspects of managing the day-to-day equipment needs for Stanford Athletics. We provide a broad range of experience that will help you explore the many job options within the equipment and sports industry. The position will work primarily with football during the season and could also gain some experience with our Olympic Sports during the winter and spring to allow for a well-rounded learning experience. Our goal is to provide training, in addition to your pervious experiences, to prepare our interns for a future in equipment management.
• Assist with all daily and game day equipment needs for Stanford student athletes and staff
• Laundry services
• Inventory control and coordination
• Equipment maintenance
• Set up and assist with on-field practice drill work
• Assist with all aspects of game day setup and breakdown (includes all football home and away games)
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to take direction and experience working in a team oriented environment
• Outstanding communication skills
• Must maintain a professional attitude in a fast-paced environment
• Able to problem solve and work independently at times
• Nights and weekends required during the Football season
This is a paid position, compensated hourly with overtime pay at the discretion of management.
This position is classified as a casual/temporary position and is not benefits eligible.
A minimum of one year of experience working in an athletic equipment room is preferred. That includes experience as a student manager at collegiate or professional level.
Individuals should be interested in pursuing a career within the sports industry.
Individuals must adhere to all Covid-19 protocols set in place by Stanford University, Santa Clara County, and the state of California.
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume, and references to Greg Valenzisi, Director of Football Equipment, [email protected]