Full TimeBerea, OH,
Requisition ID: 1221
Under the general supervision of the Associate Athletic Director/Director of Facilities is responsible for equipment and supplies for 24 varsity sports and the set up for all home athletic events. Conduct the program in a manner that supports and encourages both the college and athletic department mission statements.
General Job requirements:
- Handle all equipment and uniform needs for ALL 24 sports which includes ordering, laundering, inventory, storage, repairing, replacing, purchase of, handing out and turning back in
- Set up of equipment, scoreboards, and any related game day equipment for ALL home athletic events and then be on call at the event for any emergency.
- Hire and supervise student managers and laundry workers to assist with the set up and tear down of all home athletic events
- Maintain athletic department equipment
- Attend All dept. meetings and maintain a strong working relationship with coaches, athletic dept. personnel, athletes, student workers and other campus constituents.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and provide mutual support with all constituencies and colleagues
- Assist the Director of Athletic Facilities with all duties assigned
- Represent the program and Baldwin Wallace University with integrity, and a high degree of professionalism in dress, appearance, and conduct.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Director of Athletic Facilities.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities: The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not to be considered a detailed description of all duties inherent in the position.
- Oversee budget for equipment for entire dept.
- Responsible for payroll of student managers and workers
- Maintain all records and information regarding purchases/invoices of equipment/gear/uniforms for all programs in conjunction with Adm. Asst.
- Work with coaches/AD/Director of Facilities to facilitate the purchase of equipment and uniforms
- Develop a long range purchasing plan for all teams and their uniforms
- Develop and implement a system for inventory of ALL uniforms and equipment for ALL teams
- Manage the inventory for ALL 24 teams and keep all uniforms stored in a safe, secured and healthy environment
- Handle the distribution of ALL uniforms to teams and collection of all uniforms
- Handle the student billing of any lost or damaged equipment or uniforms when necessary
- Make sure that all equipment is properly stored, in proper working order before and at the end of every season
- Take proper care of equipment, uniforms, supplies for ALL sports indoor and outdoor (game uniforms, practice gear, towels, bags, and any other pertinent gear)
- Handle all reconditioning of equipment
- Laundry, repairing, cleaning, replacing of all uniforms, practice gear, towels and equipment for all programs
- Set up and tear down for ALL home athletic events with the assistance of student workers (FB, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Track, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Softball, Baseball)
- Handle the cleaning of Towels for the PAC Wt. Room
- Hire, train, supervise all student workers for equipment room, manager, laundry
and game set up
- Handle the hours and payment of all your student workers
- Work with AD/Facility Director/Event Interns/Student workers for game set up and locker room use for visiting teams for home events.
- Assist in set up for all equipment for games, bleachers, ropes, signs, score table, wiring, chairs, lighting, branding materials, clock, scoreboard,
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Previous practical experience
Knowledge of purchasing, repairing and storage of equipment and uniforms
Basic knowledge of laundry equipment and scoreboards
Must be able to work with diverse personalities of Head Coaches Prolonged and irregular hours
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, cleaning chemicals and/or loud noises. Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, sick leave, vacation, holidays, long & short-term disability, 403 (b) retirement plan, life insurance, employee discounts, free parking, and tuition remission benefits for employee and family. To learn more about the University’s benefits package, go to: www.bw.edu/resources/hr/
Candidates should submit a cover letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three professional and one character reference in one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF and submit via the To Apply Link on BW’s Employment & Careers’ page: https://www.bw.edu/employment.
The committee will begin review of complete applications immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Expected start date July 1, 2022. All information will remain confidential until candidate is selected for finalist category. Official college transcripts will be required and background check conducted on finalists.
All information will remain confidential until candidate is selected for finalist category. Official college transcripts will be required and background check conducted on finalists.
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs – www.bw.edu/quickfacts/diversity/