Posted 12 Days Ago
Job requisition idJR11031
Who We Are:
Job Title: Equipment Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for management, equipment room, receiving and distribution of sponsor and athletic equipment.
- Supervise day-to-day operation of the equipment room, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, and termination of equipment room staff
- Responsible for day-to-day problem solving of athletic equipment issues
- Maintain good rapport with coaches, student-athletes, vendors, sponsors and staff
- Oversee budget to ensure efficient and economical management of the equipment room
- Oversee the distribution of sponsor gear kits to students, coaches, sports and employees according to sponsor agreements
- Ensure that all equipment and uniform needs are met for all sports practices and competitions
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding distribution of equipment for all sports, to include fitting and issuance of equipment
- Adhere to OSHA requirements, and FHSAA regulations with regards to equipment safety
- Maintain an inventory of athletic equipment to include verifying and documenting daily receipt of equipment and supplies.
- Perform periodic inventories and grades equipment for usability
- Affect minor repairs to equipment as needed
- Daily laundry for students and staff
- Keep accurate records of incoming/outgoing equipment, apparel and gear
- Assist athletic departments budget, plan, develop and analyze purchase of athletic equipment and uniforms
- Assist athletic departments with budget development, maintenance, and reconditioning records of equipment and uniforms
- Develop strategy/calendar for equipment repair and maintenance
- Ensure annual repair and reconditioning of athletic equipment, including testing and certifying helmets by the National Operating Committee of Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSE)
- Assist with unpaid and overdue equipment for all student-athletes who have lost, damaged, or failed to return uniforms or equipment
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with athletic environment
- Experience with warehouse, equipment rooms and/or distribution
- Experience or knowledge of shipping/receiving functions
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack
- Valid Florida Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements regarding equipment safety
- Ability to travel
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Certification from the Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) or working towards certification.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations regarding equipment safety
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a criminal background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.