POSITION SUMMARY: The Graduate Assistant of Athletic Equipment Operations is responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the equipment room at the Wilson Center. This includes assisting with the preparations for all football practices, home and away games. They will also be assigned Olympic sport responsibilities including ordering, inventorying, and issuing equipment.
(30%) Game and Practice Preparations: Football Assisting with the preparation of practice, home and away games for football. This includes supervising the field set-up for practice. Coordinating with the student managers to ensure that the student managers have all equipment ready for their assigned position before the start of practice. Preparation for home and away games, working with the Assistant Director of Equipment Operations for football to ensure all equipment and uniforms are packed for all home and away games. This position will also assist on the weekly cleaning, repair and maintenance of all helmets and shoulder pads for all football games and practices.
(30%) Olympic sport responsibilities: Assist with the ordering of all equipment and uniforms for assigned sports. Working with the Director of Equipment Operations, they will become familiar with the ordering process with Nike and other vendors used in the equipment room. Meeting with coaches of the assigned sport to ensure all equipment needed for practice and competition is ordered in a timely manner.
(20%) Laundry Duties: Ensuring that laundry for the assigned sport is done in time for all practices and competitions. Assisting in the day to day laundry duties for all other sports.
(5%) NCAA Related: Ensures that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seeks interpretations from the compliance staff before acting when necessary. Reports potential rules violations immediately. Completes required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors all of their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
(5%) Supervision of Student Managers: Assist in the supervision of all student managers working in the equipment room during practices, games and day to day responsibilities.
(5%) Sports Camps and Recruiting: Assists in camps and football recruiting set up as needed.
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Equipment Operations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. A minimum of one year experience in college athletics, whether as a student worker or student-athlete
1. Previous equipment experience at the NCAA D-I level
2. Desire to pursue a career in equipment or athletics administration
3. Knowledge of football equipment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Strong interpersonal skills
2. Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student athletes and vendors
3. Extremely organized, self-starter, intrinsically motivated
4. Strong organizational, management and leadership skills
5. Proven ability to multi-task effectively
6. Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
7. Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and social media
8. Availability to work flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
9. Travel with sport teams for away contests
10. Thorough knowledge of NCAA and American conference rules and regulations
For more information about Tulane Graduate Programs and deadlines, please visit: https://tulane.edu/admission-aid/graduate-admission
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and a list of professional references to Gabe Delatte at firstname.lastname@example.org.