Graduate Assistant, Equipment Services–Baylor University

Sport Management Graduate Program

Graduate Assistant Program
Initiated in the fall of 2016, the Baylor Athletic Department Graduate Assistantship Program has been developed to create a two-year paid apprenticeship-style experience within a specific area of athletic administration under the mentorship of established leaders in that field. Students in this program are selected from a national search process and complete a 36 credit hour master’s degree in Sport Management while completing the graduate assistantship duties. Student must meet Graduate School requirements to be admitted.


General Expectations:
• Work diligently and professionally
• Meet established deadlines
• Communicate regularly on your progress on assigned tasks
• Report for work on time and in the appropriate professional attire
• Promote the program positively throughout the campus and the Waco community
Complete 20 hours of service each week for up to 46 weeks during the year to the designated program within the Athletic Department
Start Date: June XX, 2022
End Date: May XX, 2024
Time Off: 2 weeks January; 1 week spring break; 1 week April ; 2 weeks May term
• Scholarship covers 80% of tuition; Remaining 20% is covered by a $13,000 stipend per academic year
Specific Job Duties and Expectations

Job Title: Graduate Assistant, Equipment Services
Department Supervisor: Jeff Barlow, Asst. AD of Equipment Services


Please email: jeff_barlow@baylor.edu


Work Supervisor(s): David Draper, Director of Equipment Services
Office Location: Simpson Center, Equipment Room
Expected Job Duties:
• Operations: Assist equipment services staff with daily operation of the equipment room to include:
o Laundry pickup, washing and dispersal
o Equipment maintenance and repair
o Practice field set-up and breakdown
o Coach assistance before, during and after practice
o Locker room preparation for all games
o Loading and unloading of game truck for all home and away games

•   Communication: Develop exceptional customer service through organization, communication and delivery with each of the assigned areas. Communicate with supervisor related to assigned areas of oversight.
•   Compliance: Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, and institution rules and regulations. Immediately communicate any possible infractions of such rules and regulations to the Athletics Compliance staff.
•   Projected 20 hours per week.  Evenings and weekends as needed.

Other duties as assigned.

Latest posts

View All
  • Mgr,Athletic Equip (Athletics)–New Mexico State University
    May 26, 2022

    New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, NMSU […]

    Read more
  • Equipment Room Assistant–Syracuse University
    May 26, 2022

    Job # 038450 Department Code 34206-7019 Department Athletics Job Title Equipment Room Assistant Location Syracuse, New York Pay Range Commensurate with experience Staff Level S3 FLSA Status Non-exempt Hours Standard University business hours 8:30am – 5:00pm (academic year)8:00am – 4:30pm (summer)Hours may vary based on operational needs.Evening and weekend hours will be required. Job Type […]

    Read more
  • Assistant Athletic Director, Equipment Services–The University of Pittsburgh, PA
    May 25, 2022

    Requisition Number 22004331 Requisition Title Assistant Athletic Director, Equipment Services Position (if applicable) 87010.Assistant Athletic Director, Equipment Services.0139345 Pay Rate/Range TBD Based Upon Qualifications Organization Univ of Pittsburgh>Director of Athletics-SO>Athletics-RC>Athletics Administration Job highlights Qualifications •A Master’s degree is required •Knowledge of types and uses of athletic equipment and general operations of a Division I football […]

    Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *