Wichita State University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant, Equipment Services. This is a 1-semester position renewable for an addition 2-semesters, that includes a competitive stipend, in and out-of-state tuition waiver, books, AEMA dues & certification exam and most fees for 9 graduate credit hours per semester. Additional income may be available through outside events and sports camps.
General Job Duties:
• Work diligently and professionally
• Meet established deadlines
• Communicate regularly on your progress on assigned tasks
• Report for work on time and in the appropriate professional attire
• Promote the University and Athletic Department positively throughout the campus and the Wichita community
• Start Date: 1/08/23
• End Date: 6/10/23
• Stipend: $3520 per semester payable over 22-week contract
Specific Job Duties and Expectations
Job Title: Graduate Assistant, Equipment ServicesDepartment Supervisor: Kyle Coryell, Director of Equipment Services & Branding
Expected Job Duties:
• Operations: Assist equipment services staff with daily operation of the equipment room to include:
o Laundry pickup, washing and dispersal
o Equipment maintenance and repair
o Oversee UA accounts for selected sport teams
o Locker room preparation for all games
o Package check in and delivery to respective department(s)
• Communication: Develop exceptional customer service through organization, communication and delivery with each of the assigned areas. Communicate with supervisor(s) related to assigned areas of oversight.
• Compliance: Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and institution rules and regulations. Immediately communicate any possible infractions of such rules and regulations to the Athletics Compliance staff.
• Evenings and weekends as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or any other major. Collegiate equipment experience at Division I level preferred. Applicant must meet admission requirements for graduate school in desired degree program.
Please email resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: [email protected]
Work Supervisor(s): Kyle Coryell, Director of Equipment Services; Terrance Brockman, Assistant Director of Equipment Services