The Georgia State University Athletic Department is looking to hire two Football Equipment Graduate Assistants. Their primary responsibilities
will be to assist GSU Equipment the will all things related to football equipment operations. An ideal candidate for the role is someone that is
self-driven, detail oriented, and has prior knowledge working in football equipment operations. Both positions will report directly to the GSU
• Assist with the management of game and practice operations for the Football program
• Assist with maintaining up-to-date inventories in the football equipment room
• Assist with laundry for the football program.
• Assist with transportation arrangements for equipment to and from all away games; supervise distribution and collection of
equipment for all practices and games
• Supervise student workers
• Assist with planning, monitoring, and executing purchases of apparel and equipment for assigned sports
• Work camps and recruiting events for football
• Occasionally assist with Olympic sports equipment operations when needed.
• Admittance and full-time enrollment in a graduate program at Georgia State University
• Demonstrate knowledge and interest in Georgia State Equipment Operations
• Capable of heavy lifting, 50+lbs
• Must be available to work some weekends, and travel with team
• Knowledge and understanding of NCAA and Sunbelt Conference policies and procedures
• 2+ years of experience in an intercollegiate athletic equipment room
• Start Date: May 2023 or earlier
• Position Type: Graduate Assistant Equipment Manager
• Compensation: Tuition, $1000 monthly stipend, lunches when school is in session.
• 30 hours per week minimum. Must be flexible to work mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Job Location: This position will work out of Georgia State Stadium.
Address: 755 Hank Aaron Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30315
Georgia State University (GSU) is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Sunbelt Conference. Its campus is
located in the center of downtown Atlanta, GA. The program fields teams in baseball, softball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s
and women’s golf, women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s tennis, beach volleyball, women’s track and field, and
women’s cross country. The Department of Intercollegiate
Athletics supports nearly 400 student-athletes and employs over 100 full-time administrators, coaches and staff.
MISSION STATEMENT The Georgia State Department of Athletics fosters a Culture of Success through Academic Achievement, Competitive
Greatness, Ethical Behavior, Social Responsibility, and Community Engagement that educates and transforms a diverse group of talented
student-athletes into future leaders. We exist because we believe deserving students should have an opportunity to pursue their athletics
aspirations and earn a college education. VISION STATEMENT The Department of Athletics will be a source of pride for both the University and
metro Atlanta communities by successfully competing at the highest level of NCAA Division I athletics. Georgia State Athletics will further the
mission of the University by transforming the lives of student-athletes and is committed to exhibiting the utmost integrity, sportsmanship and
How to Apply: Submit Application via email to Nathaniel Simon ([email protected]). Application should include a cover letter, resume, and professional references.