Student Graduate Assistants
Reading, PA, US
Requisition ID: 1297
The Graduate Assistant for Athletic Equipment & Operations would develop and refine transferable skills and other professional responsibilities by assisting the Athletic Equipment & Operations Manager with all aspects of the equipment room – including ordering, inventory, and distribution of athletics equipment. Contribute to the efficient operation of the athletics department by assisting in the preparations for all football practices, home and away games.
- Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University’s Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating: service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
- Assist in the preparation of the locker room and field for practices and games for football.
- Assist with the ordering of all equipment for assigned sports. Includes working with head coaches and vendors to ensure budget compliance, etc.
- Foster a positive environment where student-athletes can learn, grow, and reach their potential; serve as a mentor, advisor, positive role model, and exemplar of good character and integrity; monitor discipline and conduct of student-athletes to foster personal growth and ensure adherence to community standards and appropriate codes of conduct/expectations.
- Maintain compliance with all university, Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC), and NCAA policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure that laundry for assigned teams is completed on time for practices and games.
- Use university and NCAA web-based systems and software.
- Attend Athletics Department Staff Meetings.
- Commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Alvernia University.
- Bachelor’s degree and successful experience as a student-athlete and/or work study student is preferred.
- Commitment to be a good colleague and team player.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong leadership, communication, organizational, and team-building skills/capabilities; ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to fostering a positive student-athlete experience where safety, health, and well-being of student-athletes is paramount.
- Attendance is required to perform the duties of this job.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Frequent travel is required.