Olympic Sports Graduate Assistant
Position will serve as the primary equipment coordinator over designated equipment facilities; order, issue, exchange, maintain and launder practice and game uniforms. Research products and solve problems with vendors/manufacturers; fit, issue, maintain and exchange athletic protective equipment; and maintain inventory control, equipment and supplies using an electronic inventory system.
This is a two-year position starting in January 2024, specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the Clemson brand, ethics, and values.
- The equipment representative for multiple Olympic sports: ordering/designing/embellishing gear and uniforms in conjunction with brand trademarks/requirements within the university and the Nike apparel contract.
- Responsible for sport equipment inventory and distribution, along with laundry.
- Supervisors, coaches and administrators expect sound judgment and accountability from this position.
- Maintain compliance with all University, Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), and NCAA policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written, and electronic forms, and relate well with athletic department staff, student-athletes, and event support personnel and spectators. Collaborate well with game officials, game coordinators, students, coaches, and faculty supervisors.
- Ability to make decisions based on what is best for the department and/or program.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Some weekends required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- General knowledge of various equipment requirements and relative safety standards as applicable to each sport assigned.
- One year experience working with collegiate athletics sporting equipment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working with equipment and apparel for multiple sports.
- Experience making buying decisions and ordering team apparel.
- Experience working at a collegiate sports program and with knowledge of NCAA equipment regulations.