Department: TCU Athletics, Equipment Services
Position: Graduate Assistant, Olympic Sports
TCU Athletic Equipment Services is looking to hire an Olympic Sports Graduate Assistant Equipment
Manager to begin January 2023. Their primary responsibilities will be to assist with the TCU Olympic
Sports of Indoor Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, and Triathlon. Qualities possessed by an ideal
candidate include being self-driven, detail oriented, and the ability to effectively communicate. This
position will report directly to the TCU Equipment Staff.
• Coordinate with coaches and/or staff the footwear, apparel, and sport equipment needs of their
• Order, receive, and inventory all footwear, apparel, and related equipment using Helmet Tracker
• Plan, monitor, and execute purchases of apparel and equipment for assigned sports
• Direct equipment room operations for the TCU Volleyball Programs, and assist with operations in
relation to TCU Soccer as needed
• Assist with other Olympic Sports as assigned
• Supervision of student workers
• Admittance and full-time enrollment in a graduate program at Texas Christian University
• Demonstrate knowledge and interest in TCU Athletics and equipment services
• Capable of heavy lifting, 50+lbs
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and potentially extreme temperatures
• Must be available to work nights, weekends, and if necessary travel with respective sports
• Work towards becoming a certified member of the Athletic Equipment Managers Association
• Knowledge and understanding of NCAA and Big 12 policies and procedures
• 2+ years of experience in an intercollegiate athletic equipment room
• Familiarity with Nike products, Nike Gameday, and Helmet Tracker
• Member of the Athletic Equipment Managers Association
• Start Date: Jan. 2023
• Position Type: Graduate Assistant Equipment Manager
• Compensation: Tuition and fees, books, $1,600 monthly stipend, and cell phone provided
• 30 hours per week minimum. Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Job Location: This position will office out of the Monroe Family Basketball Equipment Room in the
How to Apply: Submit Application via email to Justin Shaw ([email protected]). Application should
include: cover letter, resume, and professional references.
TCU Athletics Pledge
We, the TCU Athletics Department staff and coaches, believe in building a culture where everyone feels
safe, valued, and part of our global community.
We are a collective group of many, but recognize it will take individual commitments to uphold our values
of excellence, integrity, loyalty, accountability, respect, passion.
I COMMIT to respecting, honoring and celebrating differences including age, backgrounds, beliefs,
culture, (dis)ability status, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, ideas, language, national origin, political
perspective, race, religious commitments, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, thoughts and values.
I COMMIT to celebrating the opportunity to stretch and strengthening my own understanding of the world
around me, and to engaging and contributing to the diversity of my community.
I COMMIT to championing a safe, positive, healthy and inclusive culture where derogatory terms or
actions or symbols are unacceptable.
Together we are greater than we are alone. Together we are #TCUnited.
Intercollegiate Athletics at TCU
Texas Christian University (TCU) is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and
Big 12 Conference. TCU fields teams in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s
cross country, women’s equestrian, football, men’s and women’s golf, women’s rifle, women’s soccer,
men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s indoor and
outdoor track and field, women’s volleyball and sand volleyball. The Department of Intercollegiate
Athletics supports over 500 student-athletes and employs over 100 full-time administrators, coaches and