The purpose of the The Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) is to promote, advance, and improve the Equipment Managers Profession in all of its many phases. One goal is to work as a group to bring about equipment improvements for the greater safety of all participants in sports and recreation. Members of the AEMA enjoy the opportunity to meet fellow equipment managers at convention, share ideas, and learn more efficient techniques to help improve their work place.
AEMA Statement on Current Social Climate
Over the last several weeks, our nation has engaged in important conversations about racism, injustice, and inequality. The Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association understands the critical role it plays as educators, mentors, and leaders on our individual campuses, and we know it is our responsibility to represent, support, protect, and speak up for our black and underrepresented student-athletes and colleagues. Together, as an organization, we will commit to instilling effective, positive, and lasting action that advances the conversation in an educational and solutions-based way. AEMA Board of Directors
NOCSAE NewsVIEW ALL -
- U.S. News & World Report November 29, 2021 Repetitive head hits are common in football, and they're also linked to debilitating brain injuries. But rendering a definitive diagnosis typically means waiting for autopsy results after the player has died. Now, a new study suggests that brain scans can reliably spot troubling signs of sports-inflict...
- KOMU 8 (Columbia, MO) November 28, 2021 MU Health Care has announced its intent to start a sports concussion clinic to address and treat the ever-rising number of head injuries from football. Dr. Komal Ashraf, a neurologist at MU Health Care, said concussions have actually become such a big issue, the health care company is...
- HelloMonaco November 29, 2021 Sport is bearer of splendid values and to practice it at professional level demands concentration, endurance, passion, training and the risk taking primarily linked to the intensity of training and physical effort. The coming back of the Olympic Games and of the live sport, made the foremost experts and sport medicine...
- Young women rugby players join concussion study Sun Live November 29, 2021 Young female rugby p...
- Helmet Bowl Conferences Vote for the best looking college football helmet in the country. Don't...
- September 1, 2021 Dear Sir/Madam, NAERA (National Athletic Equipment Reconditioners Association...
- 2022 AEMA Budget(click here) Dear AEMA Members, The FY22 AEMA budget has been posted on ...
- 30 November 2021 by, in Featured StoryYoung women rugby players join concussion study Sun Live November 29, 2021 Young...READ MORE +
- 30 November 2021 by, in NOCSAE Industry News RoundupU.S. News & World Report November 29, 2021 Repetitive head hits are common i...READ MORE +
The AEMA and Football Green Book have created an alliance to better provide National recognition for the benefits and opportunities for its membership and their respective programs.
- FREE Nationwide promotion of the AEMA and the AEMA membership currently employed by the NFL and collegiate football programs.
- Promotion of the AEMA Certification program, a requirement of the NFL and most colleges, to assist football program administrators seeking qualified employees for job opportunities.
- Scholarship Opportunities as the Football Green Book is honored to participate in the AEMA/Football Green Book Scholarship in conjunction with the existing AEMA Student Manager Scholarship Program
- NOCSAE News regarding established industry standards and performance levels of athletic and recreational equipment and apparel published daily.
- Networking Opportunities that allow for discussions on current issues facing the profession and the sharing of problem-solving tips and tricks of the trade.
- National Convention, held annually in June in various locations across the U.S. District and Conference Meetings to discuss existing topics and issues
- DISCOUNT on the 2020 Edition of the Football Green Book. Order at www.footballgreenbook.com and enter discount code aema20. Offer VALID thru Sept30, 2020. A sample 2014 edition download is available to see the information provided.