The purpose of the The Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) is to promote, advance, and improve the Equipment Managers Profession in all of its many phases. One goal is to work as a group to bring about equipment improvements for the greater safety of all participants in sports and recreation. Members of the AEMA enjoy the opportunity to meet fellow equipment managers at convention, share ideas, and learn more efficient techniques to help improve their work place.
AEMA Statement on Current Social Climate
Over the last several weeks, our nation has engaged in important conversations about racism, injustice, and inequality. The Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association understands the critical role it plays as educators, mentors, and leaders on our individual campuses, and we know it is our responsibility to represent, support, protect, and speak up for our black and underrepresented student-athletes and colleagues. Together, as an organization, we will commit to instilling effective, positive, and lasting action that advances the conversation in an educational and solutions-based way. AEMA Board of Directors
VendorsThe 2021 AEMA Convention will be held virtually from June 7-June10. Specific information, the Convention schedule, participation options(with pricing) and how to register will be posted and emailed very soon. please click "Become A Vendor". Contact names and emails are also listed if you have specific questions or concerns. Thank you
NOCSAE NewsVIEW ALL -
- WebMD April 8, 2021 THURSDAY, April 8, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- After a concussion, women may be at heightened risk of lasting physical and mental symptoms, a new study finds. The study of 2,000 concussion sufferers found that women were more likely than men to still have some symptoms one year later. The problems included fuzzy...
- Sportanddev.org April 12, 2021 On 31 March 2021, the first Para Concussion Position Statement was published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. The publishing of this first concussion posititon statement marks a major milestone in the care of concussion management for para-athletes. Concussion is a global issue for all forms of football, and...
- WPTV April 13, 2021 JUPITER, Fla. — When the pandemic halted sports, it gave organizers time to think about the future and safety protocols. For the Jupiter Mustangs football program, it led to new helmet caps. They are the first Pop Warner youth program in the state to use them to protect against head trauma....
- The next opportunity to take the Certification Exam will be May 21, 2021 -June 18, 2021. The r...
- Dear Member, The registration for the 2021 AEMA Convention is now open. As a reminder due to C...
- The Certification Committee has worked hard to put together an online opportunity for members t...
The AEMA and Football Green Book have created an alliance to better provide National recognition for the benefits and opportunities for its membership and their respective programs.
- FREE Nationwide promotion of the AEMA and the AEMA membership currently employed by the NFL and collegiate football programs.
- Promotion of the AEMA Certification program, a requirement of the NFL and most colleges, to assist football program administrators seeking qualified employees for job opportunities.
- Scholarship Opportunities as the Football Green Book is honored to participate in the AEMA/Football Green Book Scholarship in conjunction with the existing AEMA Student Manager Scholarship Program
- NOCSAE News regarding established industry standards and performance levels of athletic and recreational equipment and apparel published daily.
- Networking Opportunities that allow for discussions on current issues facing the profession and the sharing of problem-solving tips and tricks of the trade.
- National Convention, held annually in June in various locations across the U.S. District and Conference Meetings to discuss existing topics and issues
- DISCOUNT on the 2020 Edition of the Football Green Book. Order at www.footballgreenbook.com and enter discount code aema20. Offer VALID thru Sept30, 2020. A sample 2014 edition download is available to see the information provided.