The purpose of the The Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) is to promote, advance, and improve the Equipment Managers Profession in all of its many phases. One goal is to work as a group to bring about equipment improvements for the greater safety of all participants in sports and recreation. Members of the AEMA enjoy the opportunity to meet fellow equipment managers at convention, share ideas, and learn more efficient techniques to help improve their work place.
AEMA Statement on Current Social Climate
Over the last several weeks, our nation has engaged in important conversations about racism, injustice, and inequality. The Athletic Equipment Manager’s Association understands the critical role it plays as educators, mentors, and leaders on our individual campuses, and we know it is our responsibility to represent, support, protect, and speak up for our black and underrepresented student-athletes and colleagues. Together, as an organization, we will commit to instilling effective, positive, and lasting action that advances the conversation in an educational and solutions-based way. AEMA Board of Directors
VendorsThe 2021 AEMA Convention will be held virtually from June 7-June10. Specific information, the Convention schedule, participation options(with pricing) and how to register will be posted and emailed very soon. please click "Become A Vendor". Contact names and emails are also listed if you have specific questions or concerns. Thank you
NOCSAE NewsVIEW ALL -
- Sports Illustrated May 5, 2021 If there’s anyone who knows the byproduct of a preseason camp with limited physical contact, it’s Ken Niumatalolo. Many know the story by now. The Navy coach outlawed contact during the Midshipmen’s camp last August out of an abundance of caution and uncertainty surrounding the on-field spread of COVID-19. For...
- The Guardian May 6, 2021 Late in October 2016, Dr Richard Sylvester arrived at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Berlin for the first day of the fifth International Conference on Concussion in Sport. Sylvester is a consultant neurologist at the UK’s Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health, and has worked as a concussion adviser for both...
- The Hill May 5, 2021 A group of researchers led by Murdoch Children's Research Institute (MCRI) published a paper in the British Journal of Sports Medicine that reviewed past studies on concussions in children and adolescents. In this paper, researchers examined the results from 69 studies published between 1980 through June 2020. The datasets had ...
- The next opportunity to take the Certification Exam will be May 21, 2021 -June 18, 2021. The r...
- Dear Member, The registration for the 2021 AEMA Convention is now open. As a reminder due to C...
- Over the last several weeks, our nation has engaged in important conversations about racism, in...
The AEMA and Football Green Book have created an alliance to better provide National recognition for the benefits and opportunities for its membership and their respective programs.
- FREE Nationwide promotion of the AEMA and the AEMA membership currently employed by the NFL and collegiate football programs.
- Promotion of the AEMA Certification program, a requirement of the NFL and most colleges, to assist football program administrators seeking qualified employees for job opportunities.
- Scholarship Opportunities as the Football Green Book is honored to participate in the AEMA/Football Green Book Scholarship in conjunction with the existing AEMA Student Manager Scholarship Program
- NOCSAE News regarding established industry standards and performance levels of athletic and recreational equipment and apparel published daily.
- Networking Opportunities that allow for discussions on current issues facing the profession and the sharing of problem-solving tips and tricks of the trade.
- National Convention, held annually in June in various locations across the U.S. District and Conference Meetings to discuss existing topics and issues
- DISCOUNT on the 2020 Edition of the Football Green Book. Order at www.footballgreenbook.com and enter discount code aema20. Offer VALID thru Sept30, 2020. A sample 2014 edition download is available to see the information provided.