This position reports directly to the Director of Equipment and will be responsible for assisting with all equipment maintenance, inventory, and distribution to the Furman University football team and staff. This position will assist with the supervision of student managers and laundry operations. Interaction with student athletes, coaches, staff, administration, and external partners is required daily to facilitate all aspects of the equipment room and to promote and maintain the health, safety, and performance of Furman’s student athletes.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the football program.
- Provide an organizational structure to match the vision and mission of the Athletics Department and Furman University.
- Assists with the hiring of, supervision, and evaluation of student equipment staff members, all in a manner that ensures the best opportunities for their personal and professional career development.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of equipment operations for every practice, training session, and competition (home and away).
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate record keeping and inventory.
- Manage the processes for the issue, retrieval, storage, inventory control, repair, maintenance, and necessary reconditioning of all equipment, apparel, coaching aids, and field equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Athletics Department, Furman University, Southern Conference and NCAA policies and procedures with respect to the distribution of equipment and apparel.
- Assist with risk management and safety concerns within the Athletic Department and help ensure that practice and competition facilities are hazard-free.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other departments and/or resources on campus and within the community.
- Help coordinate student-athlete and team awards, recognition gifts, championship rings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and/or head football coach.
All interested applicants reach out to Bryce Caputo, Director of Equipment, at [email protected]