Athletic Equipment Coordinator
Recruitment #: S2239
Review Date: Immediate review | Open until filled
Salary Rate: $3,063 – $4,618 [10 Step Range]
The Athletic Equipment Coordinatorwill be responsible for the operations of two equipment rooms and provide service to all teams. This includes managing inventory including conducting a year-end inventory report, issuing gear, fitting protective equipment, providing laundry services for all teams, supervise student employees, manage personnel and equipment budgets, assist in the selection, pricing and ordering of equipment and uniforms, maintain and repair equipment, receive, verify and mark gear and supplies, manage equipment and uniform needs during football games, on the sidelines at home and away, assist with the organization, setup, and take down of large scale athletic events, assist, on a limited basis, with home athletic events and other related duties as assigned. Participation in NCAA Rules Education sessions is required. A close working relationship will be built with all head coaches.
Women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals experiencing disability, and BIPOC people may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the preferred qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best fit for the job. Wem would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed.
● Two years’ experience with football equipment room management/inventory or an equivalent combination of training and
● Experience with game-day athletic/sporting event set-ups and tear-downs
● Knowledge of sports equipment budgets, including the selection, pricing and ordering of equipment and uniforms
● Demonstrated commitment to supporting a championship experience for student-athletes on and off the playing field/court
and exemplify a high standard of integrity
● Ability to work as a team member, be self-directed, and be willing to serve as good-will ambassador for Western Oregon
● Ability to obtain AEMA certification within the first year of employment and maintain certification annually.
● Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs., climb ladder in storage room, and havemanual dexterity to repair athletic equipment
● Requires daily handling of athletic garments for student athletes
● Ability to drive state vehicles
● Athletic Equipment Managers Association certifications strongly preferred
● Experience with managing student employees
● Experience maintaining university or collegiate equipment room and laundry management
● A basic understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
● Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations,
identities, and cultural backgrounds
● Ability to work and collaborate in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting with a willingness to change for continued
- WOU Employment Application form available here – classified
Contact information for three professional references will be requested from finalists. Western Oregon University only considers visa support for Tenure Track employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments for multiple years.
A criminal background check will be completed as a condition of employment; an educationcheck will be processed for positions requiring a formal degree or certificate as a minimum requirement.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
All WOU students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired employees must meet the vaccination requirement or file an exemption prior to their first day of employment.
Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a
generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Western Oregon University is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage people of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We embrace our
differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success.
Western Oregon University is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, please email us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.