Hobart and William Smith Colleges is accepting applications for admission into the Master of Arts,
Higher Educational Leadership program. Our two-year Master’s in Higher Education Leadership
(MHEL) program will prepare you to challenge the current state of higher education and lead the
change needed to support the next generation of college students. Courses encourage you to
analyze and critique the history and policy of higher education, identify ways to move the needle
on belonging, diversity and equity initiatives and investigate leadership and innovation techniques.
Admission is on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of March 1, 2024, for the 2024-2025
academic year for both Graduate Assistantships and admission. The program boasts a wide array
of Graduate Assistantships which include tuition remission in the HWS MHEL program and a
The Graduate Assistant Equipment Manager will work with the Assistant Athletic Director for
Equipment and Operations to support the equipment operations for all 30 Hobart and William
Smith varsity athletics teams. This staff member is an integral part of the HWS Athletics
department. GAs are expected to work 19 hours during a typical week with morning, evening,
and weekend commitments. One position is available.
• Execute laundry service for athletic teams
• Set up and issue equipment, uniforms, and gear for away contests.
• Game day setup of uniforms and equipment for a variety of teams.
• Assist with hosting officials and visiting teams for a variety of sports.
• Maintain and repair equipment.
• Assist in the supervision of work study students.
• Inventory and collect equipment and uniforms.
• Adhere to all sport governing, department, and institutional rules and policies.
• Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal, academic, and athletic progress of
student-athletes and learning about this functional area within an athletic department.
• Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior to assist sport programs in pursuing their
• Efficiently and effectively complete tasks assigned by both full-time equipment
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefits eligible position. This position description is not all-
inclusive as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum of one year of leadership experience,
preferably experience related to the area.
• Demonstrates an ability to work with a diverse group of people and enjoys spending a
significant amount of time with people.
• Student centered and with a team approach to success.
• Should be detail oriented and organized.
• Must bring positive energy and a sense of humor to the work.
• The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other
cultures or backgrounds is required.
Terms of Employment:
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.75.
• Employment begins August 1, 2024, and ends May 31, 2025
All Graduate Assistantships must be accepted into the Master’s of Arts in Higher Education
Leadership at Hobart and William Smith Colleges as full-time students, as Graduate
Assistantships have a maximum term of two consecutive years. Maintaining good academic
standing, contributing in the classroom setting, managing their time effectively and balancing
their schoolwork along with their GA duties is a priority for all parties.
Click here to apply for position